We are very much into the Converse x Stussy Chuck 70 collab at the moment.
Delightful design details include the Converse logo being placed on the inside of the shoe and replaced on the outside by an inconspicuous hemp disc to match the colour way as well as each having a subtle but recognisable nod to the stussy brand on the outside, with the ‘surfer’ stitched on the pink shoe and the ‘star badge’ stitched on the back shoe. The companies have given a big show of support to the green(er) living way of life by making the upper material from 100% hemp. Nice! We are here for it.
Converse x Stussy Chuck 70, £100, Converse. Available in black and pink.
TO SHOP CLICK IMAGE
WHY HEMP IS GREEN(ER)
- Uses less water - Hemp uses almost 50% less water to grow that cotton
- Gives back to the soil - Hemp returns 60-70% of the nutrients it takes from the soil
- Captures more CO2 - Hemp captures 4 x more CO2 than trees
- Highly renewable - Hemp matures in 100 days and can grow 3 crops a year
- Biodegradable - Hemp is 100% biodegradable and compostable
- Highly durable - Hemp is 8 x stronger than cotton
- Uses no pesticides - Hemp plants are natural pest repellents that deter insects